July 16, 2014
We Are Live!
Oh, Baby! We are live!
After several days and a few naysayers, Jason Lee Overbey announced on facebook that Speak Up Cincinnati is officially live.
Sure, we’ve got a few tweaks to work out. It wouldn’t be as exciting if it was all smooth. But it’s time.
SO much is happening in Cincinnati, in Hamilton County, and in the State – we had to announce right now. I mean, isn’t there a new administration? Former City Council candidates to catch up with? A Governor’s race? OH, BOY!
SO why the website at all? Good question, friends. Check out: ABOUT SPEAK UP CINCINNATI.
SO what’s next, you ask! Good question, fellow citizens! We want to hear what you have to complain about. What you have to praise about. What ideas you have. Check out: SPEAK UP CINCINNATI FORUM and get to chatting. We may even approach you and ask you to write a piece for the blog or features section. Actually, if you are making sense, just count on it.
AND don’t forget… on the homepage we have pics and links to all of your area and state representatives (bottom). They aren’t all up yet. Oops. (Remember, we HAD to launch anyway… just too excited not to) But they will all be up and available by July 25th. Hey, that gives you an incentive to come back!
We are putting a lot of money into the launch and upkeep. We are putting a lot of time and money into the updating of the site.
WHY? Other than your major area and state news sources (and not even some of them), there is absolutely NO site out there that has:
1. A powerful and open online forum for YOU to… SPEAK UP.
2. Aggregated news for Cincinnati, for Ohio and for US & Global.
3. A main blog with NOT just Jason Lee Overbey as the author. Nope! We are recruiting and seeking out QUALITY content from writers even as you read this. HOLY VARIETY!
4. Links, resources and facts. We are STILL combing the Internet, physical libraries and working the phone to pull all the goodies into ONE SITE.
5. Stunning visual appeal.
6. Openness! Believe it or not… we want you to write us. Complain, argue, spit virtually, praise – just don’t threaten – and we will respond to all. We will eventually even meet up somewhere in person, to be sure.
ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET?! And…
7. And… a commitment for more to come. Substance, I tell you! We swear by all things Interwebby that we will not let up until you are addicted to the site and need recovery. There are even some contests and surprises coming soon. Giddy, giddy, giddy!
SO PLEASE EXPLORE – POKE AROUND – STAY AWHILE – AND FOR THE LOVE OF THE CITY AND OUR FOREFATHERS… SPEAK UP!
SPEAK UP CINCINNATI – WE ARE LIVE!